Monday, September 7, 2009

FHE with the Sheridan College Branch


So, I just got back from FHE and LOVED it!!!

We played this game called "Partini" which is kind of like Cranium and is SOOO much fun! There were only 11 of us in attendance tonight (yeah, sad I know). But, considering the fact that there are only like 20 people in our branch, and over half of them being married couples, I can see how FHE wouldn't sound like something enjoyable. But, regardless of the size of our group, it truly was a blast and I'm glad I went!

I can just tell that I'm going to make some great friends in my branch whether or not they're all married doesn't even matter lol, they are just awesome! Haha.

...............................................................

I know this has nothing to do with FHE, but, I figured that since I didn't even have this blog until today, that, I would share a little bit of my day yesterday. :)

So, yesterday I was really debating whether or not I wanted to go to church. Yes, I know that's terrible of me, but, it wasn't exactly the fact that I didn't want to go or was dreading church or something, but, I had a LOT to do and was wanting to get it all done...Well, my conscience (sp?) got the best of me and I decided that going to church was most definitely what I wanted and NEEDED to do. So, I got all gussied up (ok, maybe not THAT much lol) and went off to church...k, so we had Relief Society and Sunday school and then last hour we had Sacrament Meeting. At the start of the meeting the branch president stood and announced that I have been called as a Relief Society teacher, a calling which I am GREATLY excited for and can't wait to do!! =) I know that this is the EXACT calling that I've desperately needed and I know that Heavenly Father was mindful of that. I feel extremely blessed because some things that the branch president said in my setting apart blessing were some of the same things that were mentioned in my patriarchal blessing when I was 14 years old! I truly truly know that the priesthood holders in our church are called of God and his words were another testament of that to me!!

Yesterday of course was fast Sunday therefore Sacrament Meeting turned into Fast and Testimony Meeting. Ever since May I have done a wonderful job of bearing my testimony each month regardless of the fact that getting up to that podium scares me to death! Well, I had told myself that even though I've been doing such a good job, this Sunday I wasn't going to bear my testimony cuz I was too nervous....The clock ticked, time kept passing, and more and more people stood to bear their testimonies (and it went QUICK because of what few members we have). Finally, at the very last possible minute, my conscience once again got the best of me and I got up out of my seat and bore my testimony. I KNEW that it's what I needed to do and I KNEW that I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't get up and bear my testimony of the gospel and Jesus Christ.

What I guess I'm trying to get at, is that I'm grateful that I followed the promptings of the Holy Ghost that I had to get up and go to church. Had I not gone, I wouldn't have been able to bear my testimony nor would I have gotten set apart as a Relief Society teacher as soon as I was...

I love the church that I have the privilege to be a member of, I love my Savior Jesus Christ, I love the gospel, and I love my family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment