Sunday, September 13, 2009

Promptly Follow the Promptings of the Holy Spirit...


The title of this blog post is what Elder Randy Funk of the Quorum of the Seventy said today during our stake conference. Man, how important is that?! I'd say VERY important. Just listening to the still small voice can keep us out of a lot of sticky situations. It can keep us safe in times of trouble. It can even prompt us to do things that are great for us and our future and that we may not have done otherwise had we not been listening. Honestly, I haven't always followed the promptings of the Spirit, but, I can testify that when I HAVE, good things have always come from it. Heck, if I hadn't listened to the Spirit in the summer of 2008, I never would have started the amazing relationship I have with my special guy. And hey, waiting for a missionary was NOT something I ever saw myself doing, in fact, I was EXTREMELY against it since I was about 13 years old and witnessed my eldest sister get her heart broken after waiting faithfully and patiently for the whole 2 years for her then missionary to return. In fact, I was dating someone once who asked me if I would wait for him when he went on a mission and even though I cared a lot about him I said no, because I never wanted to wait for a missionary. Needless to say, our relationship slowly fizzled out. But anyway, my point is..LISTEN TO THE SPIRIT!!!! Lol. It doesn't even have to be about big things like that. Even just listening to promptings that may tell you someone is having a hard time, and that you need to call them or get ahold of them in some way is an amazing thing to do.

Well, enough of my little sermon for the day....I'm just so grateful for this gospel and want to try my hardest every single day to be worthy of the blessings I recieve. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment